You Can Prevent the Spread of Coronavirus by Following these 7 Simple Steps.
The World Health Organization outlined seven (7) simple steps how you and I can prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Below are the seven steps to follow to prevent the spread of coronavirus when you are infected or to prevent yourself from contracting the coronavirus.
- FREQUENT HAND WASH – Frequently washing of your hands will keep you safe from contracting the COVID-19 as well as preventing it from spreading it.
- DO NOT TOUCH YOUR EYES, MOUTH & NOSE – That is, without washing your hands, try as much as possible to avoid touching your eyes, your mouth, and your nose. These three parts your your body are the entry points of coronavirus. Coronavirus can not enter into your body through other parts of your body to infect you.
- COVER YOUR NOSE & MOUTH WHEN COUGHING – In order to prevent coronavirus from spreading, cover your nose and mouth with a cloth or a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If it happens so quick and you are unable to reach a cloth or a tissue, then quickly cover your nose and mouth using the bend of your elbow.
- ABSTAIN FROM CROWDS – Simply stay away from places where there are many people gathering. Avoid going to places like Cinema or Movie Theater, party and any social meetings and gatherings, market places, supermarkets or mega malls, live sports stadiums and fields. Do not get close to the people who show signs of fever or cough.
- STAY HOME – Simply stay at home when you are not feeling well or having signs of fever or cough. Seek nearby health centers, or COVID-19 Test Sites, or contact the health authority or personnel within your town or your area to test your COVID-19 status.
- SEEK IMMEDIATE MEDICAL ATTENTION – That is when you have a fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, immediately you should seek medical attention. First you must call COVID-19 Test Sites near your location.
- GET INFORMATION FROM TRUSTED SOURCES – In order to prevent yourself from contracting and spreading of coronavirus, be careful with all the information you hear and read from the people and the media. Internet is filled with misinformation and false claims and make up stories to attract you to read and spread their lies. Any advice or information from your local Health Department and The World Health Organisation should be of trustworthy to read and adhere to it.
THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
It is very important to lookout for the following signs or symptoms.
- It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
- The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
- With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
- The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you’re drowning. It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
Please share this information to as many people as possible as you can to keep your community aware so that we all can work together to prevent the infection and spreading of coronavirus or COVID-19.