FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT POSITION VACCANT – LAE BASED
Laga Industries Limited currently has a vacancy through its Administration & Finance Department for a Financial Accountant based in Lae and reports directly to the Chief Accountant.
Primary Purpose: Member of a finance team that delivers professional financial functions and advice for Laga Industries. This advice will cover policies, processes, business alignment (value chain concepts), pronto activities (financial system), fixed assets and general financial/ management reporting.
As part of the infrastructure section your primary role is the support and development of capacities and capabilities associated with policies, processes, value chain alignment, information flows, information management and financial reporting.
The Laga P&L, Balance Sheet, Fixed Assets, STC reports, and statutory requirements are your core deliverables. Your first level of support will be to manage the accounting functions of Laga Industries and core financial reports as stated.
Secondary support level encompasses projects for the advancement of objectives and outcomes across your core deliverables at Laga. These projects objectives are to increase the capacity of policy, processes, pronto applications, financial deliverables and the capabilities of finance employees.
The third level is active involvement in the compilation in associated financial information and reports as stated. This would include formal and informal training/mentoring on policy, processes, pronto applications, and the broader financial activities for Laga staff capability development.
Fourth level is to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of policy, processes, pronto applications, financial reporting and fixed assets so as to continuously advance capacity and capabilities at Laga.
This requires effective communications with all stakeholders and related professionals for knowledge sharing and practical work applications of such knowledge. Other assignments may be required as delegated by management.
- Accountable for delivering the Financial Reports (P&L, Balance Sheet, STC reports and assigned Statutory Reports for Laga that are accurate, reliable and timely.
- Accountable for the management of finance staff in the financial reporting process for the collection of data/information and reporting of financial information to stakeholders.
- Accountable for assigned reconciliations that cover balance sheet accounts, banking, sales, inventory, payroll, dispatch, payables, receivables and procurement. Any other reconciliation as assigned. Reconciliations are be timely, relevant, reliable and complies with Laga policy.
- Active participation in the Laga budget development process, budget reconciliation and approval process and reporting.
- Active participation in developing and updating, policy, procedures, Pronto operating procedures (SOP’s), information and knowledge for current and future Laga operations in a systematic, reliable, relevant and accessible manner. This covers being accountable for the systematic information contained in the Data Structure.
- Active engagement in training, coaching and mentoring activities and programs for capability development of finance staff.
- Accountable for the storage of financial information and records for compliance with Laga policy, STC policy and statutory requirements. Storage covers soft and hard copy mediums. Storage is to be systematic and be readily accessible by all information stakeholders.
- Accountable for actively engaging with all stakeholders and identifying with all stakeholder needs. Stakeholder needs will include regular financial reporting, reconciliations, statutory compliance, management reporting, statistics and ad hoc reports.
- Ethical leadership, staff management and employee reporting. Active involvement in performance reviews and succession planning. Identifies with the stated Core Values
Requirements for the position:
- Tertiary level qualifications
- Professional membership (PNGCPA).
- 5-10 years Senior Accounting experience
- ERP system exposure (pronto an advantage)
- Micro soft office (excel, word)
- Understanding of Financial Reporting
- Managing system modules and the utilization rates of system modules;
- Participation in strategy development, implementation and measurement.
- Various stakeholder reporting
- Lotus notes or similar system exposure
- Proactive self-starter who is self-directed and accepts responsibility
- Must be a Team Player
- Dependable & Reliable
- Able to Lead & so
If you are interested in a rewarding career with Laga Industries Limited, please send your application complete with resume and relevant documentation to the address below.
Applications should be forwarded no later than Friday 25th June 2021 to:
The Human Resources Manager
Laga Industries Limited
P O Box 1441, Lae 411, Morobe Province Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Source link: https://www.lagaindustries.com.pg/laga_vacancy/financial-accountant-lae/
Read more news and stories here.