We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Payroll Officer who will be based here in Lae and will be reporting directly to the Human Resource Business Partner
- Management of end to end fortnightly payroll processing.
- Month end process
- Processes timesheets and forms and maintains salary variations on a fortnightly basis including all allowances, commencements, terminations, leave, and other relevant information on the computerized database in current and accurate form.
- Balances and reconciles fortnightly payroll output, including the generation of documentation to Finance.
- Interprets and advises on payroll related matters, awards, agreements, policies, and procedures.
- Attends to personnel and payroll enquires as necessary.
- Prepares reports and correspondence and undertakes other administrative tasks, related to the full range of day-to-day and cyclical personnel/payroll functions.
- Reviews employees’ entitlements (e.g. leave credits and accruals) ensuring that the information is correct on the system through a systematic audit process.
- Running the end of financial year processes
- Ensure new employee superannuation is effectively administered with a consultation with the Lae office
- Information is generated and uploaded in line with legislative obligations.
- Ensure tax are calculated and in accordance with IRC legislative to avoid legal implications
- Ensure NCSL and Nasfund Contribution is uploaded on timely manager once forwarded to the HR Coordinator
- Maintain confidentiality with all employee matters when liaising with the Lae office
- Any other payroll administrative tasks that may arise as and when required
- Minimum diploma-level qualification in accounting, human resources, or related
- Experienced in Pronto Payroll – desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Possess strong administrative prowess
- Be well mannered, polite and exhibit a likable personality
- Must have driven, passion and resilience to work in a human resources environment
- Must be a self-disciplined person
- Must possess the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times when relating to employee issues.
To apply, please forward a written application together with your CV (specify if certificates and written references are needed) before Friday 16th October 2020) to: The Human Resource Business Partner Laga Industries Ltd PO Box 1441. Lae MP Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured image credited to www.lagaindustries.com.pg.