WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE SUPPORTING PRIME MINISTER JAMES MARAPE?
By Tony Charles Wattz Kerowa | 17 November 2020.
The man has revolutionary ideas that will propel this country into economic independence in years to come.
Let me highlight some achievements so far.
1. The change in Resources law’s giving greater benefit to the country, host provinces and landowners. Reaping greater reward for resources in the country including, Mining, Oil & Gas, Timber , oil palms, Nickel and other resources owned by the country.
2. Injecting funds into agriculture which is always the back bone of the country. He appointed three vice Ministers to this section. Fisheries, Agriculture and livestock.
3. Public Services reforms through cutting out unnecessary redtape.
4. Law and order has been given attention and for the first time, serious discussion and real law’s passed in combating Corruption.
5. DSIP and PIP funds rightfully belonging to 89 districts are not tempered with unlike O’Neil regime.
6. For the first time, the Small to medium enterprises (SME) sector is supported through making money available at BSP and NDB banks for small business to use. SME sectors contribute to the unemployment by creating employment and this support is welcoming.
7. Finally passing of ICAC bill, Whistle Blowers Act and Allowing freedom for the Judiciary.
8. Freedom of the Press as it should be after being suppressed for so long.
9. Open and transparent negotiation of national projects in the resource sector.
10. Open communication and listening not only to the entire country’s opinions, concerns and ideas but also to their local MPs and governors – something the country lacked for so long.
11. Fighting for fair share of the benefits for Landowners and the government from resource projects.
12. Refinancing previously gotten high interest loans with low to zero interest loans for better debt management.
There is more but only to name a few, believe me it has only been 18 months. Why can’t we give him more time like the previous regime had?
This changes are huge and over time the future generations will reap the benefits for such decision.