SUSPENSION OF SCHOOL HEADS WHO ARE DEFYING THE GOVERNMENTS’ GTFS POLICY DIRECTIVES BY COLLECTING ILLEGAL SCHOOL FEES AND PROJECT FEES. – Free Education
The Purpose of the Secretary’s Circula No. 05/2023 is twofold:
- TO REMIND ALL PROVINCIAL EDUCATION ADVISORS, DISTRICT EDUCATION OFFICERS, SCHOOL INSPECTORS AND SCHOOL HEADS TO COMPLY WITH THE FOLLOWING;
- Ministerial Policy Statement 01/2023 – Subject: Government Tuition Fee (GTFS) Policy for 2023 for the General Education Sector School.
- Public Announcement from the Office of the Education Secretary – Subject: No School Fees or Project Fees to be Charged by Schools in the National Education System in 2023.
- Secretary Secular No 4 of 2023 – Subject: Administration and Management of Project Fees Funding for 2022 and 2023.
- TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT SCHOOL HEADS THAT ARE FOUND TO DEFYING OFFICIAL INSTRUCTIONS AND ARE COLLECTING SCHOOL FEES OF PROJECT FEES WILL BE (a) Charged; (b) Suspended; and (c) Suspended from Payroll.
Payment of School Fees and Project Fees are already taken care of by the Government of the day thus; parents and students must not be forced to pay any fees. All schools must comply by not collecting school fees and project fees. Heads of schools will be held accountable for any non-compliance.
Dr. UKE KOMBRA PhD.
Secretary for Education.
National Education Secretary interviewed live by NBC National Radio on Free Education in 2023.
“No schools should be charging any form of fees (tuition and project fees) to the students this year, 2023. Both tuition fee and project fee will be paid by the government”,
– Dr. Uke Kombra, Education Secretary.
Live interview by: NBC National Radio – Real PNG