Join Our Team! Exciting Opportunity for Accountant at New Porgera Limited
Are you ready to take the next step in your accounting career? New Porgera Limited is thrilled to announce an incredible opportunity within our Capital & Projects Department for an experienced Accountant (Job ID: 228501).
About New Porgera Limited
New Porgera Limited is a dynamic and innovative company operating in the heart of Papua New Guinea's mining industry. Committed to excellence and sustainability, we pride ourselves on our dedication to both our employees and the communities we serve.
As an Accountant within our Capital & Projects Department, you will play a crucial role in supporting financial operations and contributing to the success of our projects. This role offers a unique blend of challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
Requirements and Responsibilities
The suitable candidate must satisfy the following requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field
- Experience in Cost Control for 3-5 years. An experience in a project-based industry is a plus
- Demonstrate background knowledge in financial planning and budgeting
- Proficient in the usage of Accounting software’s and Microsoft office applications
- Demonstrate analytical skills with attention to details
- Demonstrate ability to work in a fast pace environment
Key Responsibilities (but are not limited to the following):
- Undertake cost control activities for projects and ensure costs are within budget
- Create and analysis budgets, forecasts and financial reports
- Collaborate with project owners to create effective budgets
- Develop cost-efficient solutions to implement changes
- Liaise with suppliers and negotiate costs
- Evaluate project requirements to provide vital resources
- Provide support based on budgets plans
- Prepare and evaluate budgets and engage in cost-cutting agreements
- This position is open to PNG Citizens Only
- Rotation of 28 days on and 14 days off
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening. (This will be arranged only for successful candidates who will progress after the interview stage).
- Must Have an up-to-date Police Clearance Certificate (acquired within the last 6 months)
Why Join New Porgera Limited
- Exciting opportunity to be part of a leading company in the mining industry
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Supportive work environment with opportunities for professional development
- Chance to make a meaningful impact on our projects and community initiatives
How to Apply
Access the full job description and submit your application through the following link: Apply Here | Porgera | Accountant - Cost Controller - Capital and Projects
Don't miss out on this opportunity! Applications close on Monday, February 26, 2024.
Join us in shaping the future of New Porgera Limited and make your mark in the world of mining finance. We look forward to welcoming you to our team!
New Porgera Limited is an equal opportunity employer.